Correct Setup for Remote DR

Hi I’m just trying to get to grips with the open Beta. I have two PC’s. I want to work on one, and submit Distributed Render jobs to the other to start rendering. Then once I’ve finished working, add the workstation I’m working on to the DR render.

As I understand it, I should be able to do this. Let’s call it workstation A (local) workstation B (remote).

If I have Pulze loaded on both in ‘Workstation’ mode, I Create a new job, choose Remote and submit the job, this starts the render on the remote workstation B no problem, however if I then click ‘Activate Night Mode’ once I’ve finished working on Workstation A, the render appears to end and go into denoising mode and then finishes?

What would be the correct setup to send Distributed Renders to a remote workstation and then have my local workstation join the render once I’ve finished working?

Also to add to this, at the minute, if I stop the render from Pulze, it literally just ends and cancels it, doesn’t save anything and disappears. If I wasn’t using Pulze and pressed stop in the render, it would still denoise and save the image first.

Sometimes I’ll press stop before the render has finished because I’m happy with the level of noise and don’t need it to continue to render?

Hi Dave,

I assume you are using Corona, right ?
If yes then:

Corona DR behaves a bit differently in Pulze then for example V-Ray does. The main problem is that there is no way to add specific render nodes while the render is in progress, therefore our trick is to pause the render, add the node to the list and resume. The render stops because your workstation is joining in. Now the problem is that it should continue rendering.

Please send us the file to support@pulze.io so we can have a look at what’s going on. Since we are still in beta there could be some bugs that are not discovered yet. Also keep in mind that this DR behavior won’t suit every project and use case, so I would suggest you to try out our Tile Rendering option. It scales much better and case of bigger files and images it is faster then DR.

Regarding stopping the job and not saving the vfb, I totally understand and we will implement a way to do that in the near future.