Enhancement Suggestion for Automated License Verification

I’ve encountered a recurring issue where the render-manager occasionally fails to acquire a license, particularly after a system restart This often necessitates manual intervention to resolve.

To improve efficiency and reduce downtime, I propose an automated solution: the render-manager could be programmed to periodically check for license availability at set intervals—perhaps every 30 seconds or 1 minute**. This proactive approach would ensure that, as soon as a license becomes available, the render-manager can resume operations without delay.

In my experience, the majority of licensing issues are resolved simply by restarting the render-manager. Implementing this suggested feature could potentially rectify many instances of render-nodes remaining inactive overnight, thus optimizing our workflow and productivity.

Thank you for considering this suggestion. I believe it could significantly enhance the reliability of the render-manager.

Hi @nuno

Thanks for the suggestion! Since we are rewriting Render Manager from the ground, the licensing and authentication part is also changing. In the new version you don’t need to authenticate on each computer one by one when you are in workstation mode, you only need to it on the server and it will take care of everything.

The licensing will also change a bit so the problem that you are experiencing should be solved.

2 Likes

Good news then! Thanks for keeping improving Render manager and also Scene Manager!