[IMPLEMENTED] Support for Corona LightMix

Hi there, We’re testing Scene Manager with the month trial and its seems to be the right tool for us. Thanks in advance for the effort on developing it.
There’s only one thing we found that makes us doubt about. We started working with corona due to it’s workflow flexibility and mainly because of the Lightmix feature, which was a big game changer.
We understand how Scene Manager works on render settings (preset way) but we thing it lacks the possibility of having a “per setup” (camera) elements. I’ll explain why:
Taking as an example an apartment scene, with different rooms and a different interior light setup on each room. If we load all the lights in the Lightmix at once, the .CXR file becomes huge due to the many “light” elements that ships within. What we do instead is once we are in a room, we isolate only the lights affecting that room and then run the lightmix setup, so once we render we’ll just have those 4 or 5 light elements and a lightweight .CXR file. We could not manage to do this with the Scene Manager, because once we set the render preset, the lightmix is the last one done (for the last camera view tested) and this is not working for us. The only way we have to guarantee the result over the batch render is to fit aaaall the lights in the lightmix, even if we only need 4 or 5 per each room. And the files become very very huge, as well as the memory usage. This is a big bummer for us. We don’t know about programming and maybe what we’re asking for is something not able to do, but watching what you have already done, we trust you.
Hope I explained myself well enough, I’m not a native english speaker.

Hi, thank you for your kind words!
To be able to handle the elements and other render setups per camera is an ongoing development. We have been working on it right now and this feature will be available soon. You will be able to test it within a few weeks. Once this major update will be available we will reset all the trials for everyone for free testing.
We are going to notify the community via newsletter and on FB as well.
Keep in touch,
Attila

Hi Garcia,

In the latest Scene Manager we implemented a nice way to control all your render settings as well as Post-processing and Lightmix for Corona. You should be able to achieve the workflow that you described.

If you are interested, have a look at our tutorial that covers this part for Corona: https://youtu.be/aJQpWT5aBAo