Material module?

Hello,

I’ve seen support of Corona Select Material had already been requested, and was supposed to come in 2021 Q2 … but either I am missing something here, or it’s still missing ?
Any chance to get something on this side, please ? I recently made a little presentation of SM and RM, and a user suggested this, not renderer-dependant: a material module, allowing to select one or several objects, and assigning a material for this/these object(s) per camera. The idea is to avoid having to duplicate objects/layers to get the expected behavior, rendering the same camera multiple times with various materials, as smoothly as possible, with 3 materials or 20 :wink:

Thanks in advance for any idea you may have on this matter.

Bye.

1 Like

This would be deeply appreciated

1 Like

Sure thing, this is definitely coming soon and it will be part of the objects module.

1 Like

Great news, Peter !
Looking forward to testing this :slight_smile:

This also got implemented and if anybody is interested you can try out in the latest beta:
https://pulze.io/download?sku=pulze_scnmgr_max&ver=2.2.3

1 Like

Good morning Peter,

Thanks a lot, it’s definitely a great addition !
2 questions though:

• for now, dealing with multiple objects isn’t very practical, since we have to click on the Material update icon for each object … do you think this could be improved somehow ?
  • also, there were a discussion some time ago about the Corona Select Material. Is there still any plan to support this ?

Again, thanks for your effort making SM such a great tool, you have no idea how your work enhance our daily work :slight_smile:

Bye.