Max Crash every time we log in remote mode

Hi there. Everytime we log in remote mode to any of our workstations, if scene manager is opened (i.e. rendering in batch render mode or just idle) max crashes, which is very frustrating. We need to be able to check remotely the rendering process. It happens when we try to enter a workstation remotely in our local network and via VPN from home as well. Is it a known issue?. We tried to use the remote link in render manager as well, and the problem persists.
Hope this can be solved.
Thanks in advance

Carlos

Dear Carlos,

Thank you for reaching out.

Unfortunately it is a known issue and we have been working on it to solve it.
The problem is that if you are using Windows remote desktop and SM is opened then next time when you log in to the PC Max will crash.

The workaround is the following:

• The issue only appears with Windows remote desktop. If you use any other 3rd party remote desktop app (AnyDesk, Teamviewer, LogMeIn etc) then all should be fine.
  • If you rely on Windows remote desktop then you have to be sure that you close Scene Manager before you log out.

I do understand that it is frustrating and we do our best to find out what goes off with Windows. Thank you for your understanding and for your patience.

Should you have any questions, I’d be happy to answer them.

Best regards,

Attila