Multiple Domes per Setup

My lighting setup for Architecture Scenes is mostly a Daylight Setup with an adaptive dome for getting good lighting in interiors. My main files only has this lighting setup and the main building. Pulze takes care of all the rest: loading XRefs for interior stuff, surroundings, render setup, etc.

To get more light into interiors at specific places I use VRayLights as “portals” and save them into the XRef for that specific interior, so they don;t get in the way with other interior or exterior renderings. I am looking into using a second Dome with an include-list that only affects the interior walls, ceiling and floor of a specific interior. But since these objects remain in the main file, I can’t save them into the XRef, because then these objects are lost from the list. Therefore these have to remain in the main file, but then the settings for both the main dome and the interior-specific dome have to be saved per setup.

How can this be solved in SM?

Thanks, E

Hi Erik,

Currently it is not possible to control 2 dome lights in the same setup. We are getting a lot of questions regarding similar workflows. We are working on a separate lighting module which is similar to the light lister that you have in max, and this will solve these type of issues.

Will let you know if there is something to test.

Hi Peter,

Good to hear:)

Hey @erik the dedicated lights module is finally here:

It currently works with V-Ray, Corona and F-Storm lights.
It is available in the latest beta version: https://www.pulze.io/download?sku=pulze_scnmgr_max&ver=2.3.1

WOW, Peter, that’s great.

I’m am just a “bit” busy with a large project, but am looking forward to integrate that in my workflow. This will really help a lot. The current project has a lot of different living room visuals, but I save all assets belonging to an interior into an XRef, including the lights. So this won’t help a lot there. But when I have more visuals for one interior, it certainly will. Also when experimenting with setting up the lighting for a client to chose!!

A while back I also talked to you about simplifying the interface when diving into the deeper parameters is not needed anymore. With setting up different lighting configs per view there could potentially be loads of setups. Would it be possible to group or temporarily hide setups?

Great Thanks!!

Erik

Hi Erik, Thanks I hope this and the other new things that we will soon announce will be all helpful.

Regarding your question. It’s on our roadmap to have groups and implement all the benefits that comes with it. We would like to do it right so it will still take some time but it will be definitely implemented.