RDP log out/in + Scene Manager window open = 3dsmax crash

Hi!

As probably many other people nowadays, we are working remotely. I’ve been having an issue where if Scene Manager is open and I close my remote desktop window and then open it back or log back in, 3dsmax will crash. It doesn’t happen if Scene Manager is not open so it’d be great if you guys could take a look.
Scene Manager might not be the cause of the crash but if you could try to replicate the issue that’d be appreciated. I know is not a big issue but I thought you might like to know as a lot of people are working remotely because of Covid.

Cheers
Lautaro

Thank you Lautaro for the important info. You are right, SM unfortunately misbehaves with RDP, so we will examine the issue and try to fix it as soon as possible.
Cheers,
Attila

Same here! Only crashes agenda scene manager is open.

Hi there,
this still seems to be an issue and it is a pretty nasty one."
Have you guys looked in to this yet?

cheers
mattijs

Hi @mattijs.

Yes. This is why we did some serious refactoring in version 2.5 which is currently in beta. If you could give it a try that would be very very helpful: https://forum.pulze.io/t/scene-manager-2-5-beta/

Thanks!

Thnx a million peter,
i will test this tonight from home and i will let you know

Perfect, thank you very much!

hi peter,
i installed this new version… but something is wrong with my account…
i seem to have “lost” my licences somehow
please help!

It is probably not lost we are just identifying your pc with a new technic and most likely our system is saying that you don’t have a license aka it is used or stuck on another pc.

Please go to your account and unlock your license then restart Scene Manager and it should be all good!

Thanks for trying it out btw. It seams like the issue is something else, I’m looking into it at the moment and will let you know when it is fixed!

thnx, i really need it to work later today! hope you can fix it :wink:

Hi @mattijs

We have made some slight adjustments. Could you please give this a try: https://public.pulze.io/pulze-downloads/pulze_scnmgr_max/scene-manager-2.5.2.zip and let us know how it goes!

Peter, my licenses are not right at the moment…
my scene manager licence says it ended may 28 2021…
and i pay it annually

can you check what is happening to my account?

Could you please reach out to support@pulze.io with a screenshot and we will look into it urgently!

done

Dear mattijs,

Thanks for getting in touch with Pulze. Your request has been received and we will respond as soon as possible.
Your ticket number is: 3886