Render Node : Searching for Authenticator Workstation

Hi,

We are facing an issue with a new Render node machine for our IT infrastructure.

Upon installing the Render Manager, the status remains stuck at: “searching for Authenticator workstation.”

We have workstations and nodes constantly connected. Windows firewall is disabled on the problematic machine. It’s running on Windows 10, Corona 9, and 3ds Max 2023. We have 4 other identical machines that are experiencing no issues.

We recently installed a SonicWall firewall. Could there be an issue related to this?
Our Sonicwall firewall is a physical device, so there’s no possibility of managing software, only port forwarding. Does Pulze use a specific port?

According to our IT technician, the firewall only handles internal/external connection management, so it shouldn’t be the cause of the problem.

Have you ever encountered this kind of issue with other users? What was the solution?

Thansk for your Help.

Hey,
I am experiencing the same issue on one of my machines. Have you been able to find the solution?

I am having issues with computers not finding pools that have been created but can access each other fine.

About ports it says this in the manual, made no difference for me.
‘allow TCP port range 3005-3009 through the firewall’

If anyone has a similar problem this is the solution:

First of all I would suggest to start over the process. Close Render Manager on both computers and delete this folder to reset the configurations: C:\Users%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Pulze Service

• After that start Render Manager on the first computer, choose workstation, create the pool, etc.
  • On the second one do the same and connect to your new pool

After that I would recommend setting the Primary and Current distributor to the same computer.

This way the nodes and workstations will always find their way back, you just need to make sure the selected pc is turned on and it has Render Manager running.