RM rendering with wrong engine

Hi,

Long time user, but this is a new problem I’ve had since migrating to max 2023.

I’m using 2.1.5 RM, SM 2.2.19, Max 2023 and Corona 9 daily (current as of time of post)

Not sure exactly how this happens, but sometimes (not sure if it’s happening all the time or not) jobs submitted thru RM are trying to be rendered with the wrong render engine. It should be Corona, but for some reason it’s using Mental Ray (I think). The job fails, of course. Jobs submitted thru SM are rendering with Corona as expected.

Why is this happening? How can I fix it?

Many thanks.

Update, I’m guessing it has something to do with these errors (see attached).

I tried the trick of opening the max scene converter and ticking “automatically remote missing legacy assets” and also doing the preset “RemoveInvalidLegacyElements”. This seems to have stopped the error warnings attached but the scenes are still rendering completely wrong. See the lower attached image. Weird…

Hi!

Sorry for the later response!
Please update to Render Manager 2.1.6, which is the latest version and these problems should go away. You can download it from here.

Hi Peter,

Thank you. I did actually figure this out for myself eventually, but I appreciate your reply.

Curious though; although this particular problem is fixed, when I render the slave PC still seemingly renders with an engine other than Corona. What’s up with this?

In case you’re not sure what I’m talking about, the slave PC does the job as usual (successfully) but when it’s rendering I can’t see the progress, the VFB isn’t the Corona one (it looks more like the default max one?). I can, however, see the preview in RM.