Time output and Resolution not baked. Wrong file padding

Hi,

I’m currently on SM beta 2.10.

When baking setups, Time Output and Resolution are not baked to Batch Render.
In the Render Preset that was created, Resolution was baked properly, but not Time Output.

Also, an extra padding of “0000” is added onto the file output in Batch Render. This means that my output would be filename.0000.####.jpg if it was an animation.

Thanks.

Hi Vincent,

By default SM does not update the time output at the Max’s render settings. The reason behind it that when you are working on the scenes and doing test renders it would be annoying to start a sequence rendering each and every time. But when you are ready with all your setups you can go to the settings of SM and thick “ON” the Time Output. Please let me know if it helps.
I’ll check the extra padding and get back to you.

time_output

Best regards,

Attila

Hi Vincent,

We checked your problem more closely and I can confirm something was not okay. We just published a small fix, so the Override Preset will be checked from now on and you don’t have to deal with our Time Output settings when you are baking,rendering through the Scene Manager we will deal with it.

Regarding the extra padding: we include the frame number in case of a Single frame renders, and for the Range we leave it to max to deal with it. But I could not reproduce the double padding.

Please close and reopen your 3ds Max, and give it a try.

Regards,
Peter

Hi Peter,

You are right, I forgot to check “Update Time Output Type”. It works now, and thank you for making it enabled by default.

The double padding was actually caused by Thinkbox Deadline. If Time Output is initially “Single”, I will get 2 sets of padding. I realize I have to make sure “Time Output” in 3dsmax’s Render Setup must be correct before baking.

Both issues are resolved now. Thank you!

Hi again Peter,

Sorry to re-open this issue. Turns out double padding is still happening.

This is caused by 3dsmax batch render, not Deadline. If “Override Preset” is enabled in Batch Render, 3dsmax will add padding to the specified filename no matter what. “Override Preset” must be used for baked setups.
batch%20render%20override%20preset%20enabled

I think padding shouldn’t even be added on the output path in the first place, even if it’s for single image or 1 frame.

Thanks.

Hi Vincent,

We will check this issue and see what we can do.

Best regards,

Attila