Batch Render cannot be submitted to Deadline

@vincent the submit as batch from deadline is the slow part. We have some scene that need 50+ scene setups and it takes forever

@info4 of course, this is now beyond my knowledge as a user and not related to Scene Manager.

Deadline submission creates a copy of your max scene for every single render job. This is so that deadline renders a snapshot of your scene, allowing you to continue to work on your original scene independently. Submitting 50 scene means your submission computer has to do “Save as” 50 times. This would depend on cpu and hard drive performance.

Maybe there’s no way around 50+ scene setups. Maybe it’ll best to get a very cheap extra computer to only do submissions.

@vincent The issue is that the save process that Deadline is doing is very slow for some reason. Before, when everything worked fine, we would export individual 3dsmax files with scene manager, and submit them through Deadline Monitor. The process was faster and smoother.
We’ll keep looking for a solution and let you know if we find any

@info4 for Scene Manager, are you using “Objects” by any chance? I remember if you use this, every single object of your scene is duplicated for each scene setup, or the scene states get extremely complex.

Related: Baking setups is extremely slow on large scenes

If not, then I have no idea what else could be causing all these problems.