Scene Manager 2.5 [Beta]

Version 2.5.2

Thanks for everyone who tried out the previous versions and for all the reports we have received. Here is another beta release with 2 new modules that hopefully will make your life easier.

You can download the new version from here: https://public.pulze.io/pulze-downloads/pulze_scnmgr_max/scene-manager-2.5.2.zip

New features:

• Added a new Assets module that will allow you to easily track and collect your assets
  • New Plugins module to overview which plugins/versions are used in the scene

Fixes:

• Fixed issue with deactivated camera during batch rendering
  • Fixed a couple of UI glitches for users with trial licenses

The login issue I reported seems to be fixed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the update Peter, I will testdrive and post some feedback. I have a question about the changelog:

“The new version allows you to create up to 5 states and use a selection of modules at no cost.”

What do you mean with that?

Yeah we are still trying to figure out how to phrase it… 5 states and a selection of modules means that you can’t have more then 5 setups in your list:

and beside the Camera, Resolution, Sun, Dome, Environment and a couple of other utility modules the rest is disabled.

This will be available without a license, you just need a Pulze account.

Ah ok, nothing of interest for a paying user then. Thanks.

Version 2.5.3

Again we would like to thank everyone who took the time to try out the beta and shared any kind of issue or bug. We are getting closer to the final release.

Todays build fixes some of the reported problems from the past few days. You can download it from here: https://public.pulze.io/pulze-downloads/pulze_scnmgr_max/scene-manager-2.5.3.zip

Changelog:

• Fixed issue with post-production module not working with V-Ray GPU
  • Fixed issue with asset module not working properly with some scenes
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the creation of new hdri or sky maps from Scene Manager
  • Fixed issue with Object module not picking the correct object when it is linked

Tested beta on a machine here. One minor issue with UI is the card headings have blurry text for me. Tried all combinations of scaling but still blurry -only on card description.

Also 2.5. beta doesn’t remember window layout position like my other apps like Kstudio project manager…

Another issue. I can’t save out a file in common -the path is invalid? in red?
pulze

edit. ok played around -the beta doesn’t like old setups. Fresh setup and file path works.

Hey @gethin.hooper, thanks for the comments!

card headings have blurry text

I’m going to look into that, something feels off for sure.

doesn’t remember window layout position

Will do some more testing with multi screen setup. It definitely saves and loads back the position on the main screen, but I guess it doesn’t work when it is dragged to another screen.

can’t save out a file in common -the path is invalid

This has not changed since the last release. The issue with the attached output setup is that you have an empty row at the bottom. Once you remove that it should be all good.

Thanks for your input.

Hi! This isn’t a bug but a query;

I have a script to open multiple tools at once, Pulze SM being one of them. The script used the following code, but this no longer works with the latest update.

actionMan.executeAction 53416 "22066"  -- Pulze: Pulze - Scene Manager

Any tips how I can make it work again?

Thanks!

Hi,

Is anyone else opening files to find that their whole Setups are gone? I haven’t found a rule for this, but some of the scenes I have with setups, after saving version 2 of the file, that file has the Scene Manager completly empty. This has already happened with several files, several times

SM 2.5.3

Happened to me too. I only noticed it happened when I opened a scene from within Max (and with Pulze open). I didn’t find a way to fix it.

If I opened a file through explorer, the scenes remained.

There is a problem with changing the hdri rotation in the Environment tab, when setting with another camera, the previously set rotation does not load, changing the value helps.

This is the new macro to start the Scene Manager:

macros.run "Pulze" "SceneManagerMax"

1 Like

Thanks for the report we are looking into it. Could you please send us the file that you had problems with. If there are sensitive models you can delete it we only need the Scene Manager data to reproduce the problem.

In cases when this happened did you had a lot of Scene Manager settings in the file? Based on other reports this could be the problem.