SM Object Module Bug

Hi,

I have a Group linked to a dummy. Inside the group I have an object (slicer animated). This object is also linked to another one object.I’m trying to select object(slicer animated), using the object module, but what he selects the dummy instead. If I select any other object (for example O_Full) it works well.

Forgot to say:
SM 2.5.2-beta
Max 2024

Thanks for this, I’m looking into it. I recreated the same structure that you have and indeed it picks up the parent Dummy. If the SlicerAnimated is outside the group it works, but when it is included it doesn’t. Will come up with a fix and let you know.

Thanks Peter. Good that you were able to replicate.
Hope you can find a fix soon

Could you please try out the latest build: Scene Manager 2.5 [Beta] - #19 by peter.sarhidai the object module bug should be fixed! Let me know if it is still not behaving :slight_smile:

Awesome work, it solved and now it correctly finds the object. Thank you so much for solving it this quick.

Bonus question: we’re baking a huge list of scenes which have different time ranges. Some have 100 frames, some 50, etc. Is there to have the baked scene name with the frame information so we can easily sort them after?

That is great, thank you very much for the feedback.

Are you converting the scenes to use it in the native batch render or you would like to export .max files?

If you are exporting each scene to a separate max file then you could use the following technic:

Instead of the export option, pick the Run Custom Maxscript. What this will do is it will go through the required states, set it up and at the end it will run a maxscript snippet. This requires some knowledge of scripting but I can help you out with that.

If you would like to save a the scenes with a custom filename you can insert this snippet:

FRAME_RANGE = (animationRange.start as integer / TicksPerFrame) as string + “-” + (animationRange.end as integer / TicksPerFrame) as string
saveMaxFile (“D:/temp/” + PULZE_CAMERA + “_” + FRAME_RANGE + “.max”) useNewFile:false

Let me explain what is happening here. First you define a variable called FRAME_RANGE and you give it the current timeline range separated by a dash. Then you call saveMaxFile and you construct the path starting with a folder, then we use a global created by Scene Manager called PULZE_CAMERA that will hold the current states camera name, then you add the FRAME_RANGE and the .max to the end.

In the end you will get series of files like this:

Hope it makes sense, let me know if you need help finetuning the naming convention to your needs.

Hey Peter,

I didn’t know this was a thing, it opens a lot of possibilities.

I’ve copied/paste the script, just changing the folder but I don’t think it’s working. He runs through the setups very fast (too fast to save them as .max files) and the folder is empty. Do I need to do anything else?

It is probably a copy paste issue, first paste it to the maxscript editor, then make sure all the quote marks are correct, you should end up with this form and colors:

Yes it was. Doing copy paste the quotation marks are different. Deleting them and doing them again solved it, thank you.

Is there a place where I can see all the Pulze variables I can add to the script?

Glad it worked, awesome!

These options are not (yet) documented and they might change in the future but currently Scene Manager exposes and updates these global variables:

PULZE_INDEX
PULZE_CAMERA
PULZE_SCENENAME
PULZE_SUN
PULZE_DOME

If you need anything else, let us know and we can add it in before the final release.

Right now should be enough, although Resolution could come in handy in the future.

For whishlist I think that the top bar of the Setup List should be clickable, so you can order the list according to the headers. Would make multiple selection faster in some cases.